Our two cottages are a delight to stay in: Jemima’s Cottage sleeps 1-5 and Rebecca’s Cottage sleeps 1-3.
Why choose our holiday cottages?
- Free wi-fi
- Let the puddle ducks out of their shed at 10am each morning and, when it’s egg laying season, collect their eggs!
- Local village pub serving food only a couple of minutes’ stroll up the riverside
- You’ll be booking directly with us the owners which means you avoid many of the extra charges and high prices that many cottage agency charge
- Central laundry with washing machines and tumble dryers (small charge applies)
- Many walks straight from the cottage door for all abilities including Skiddaw Mountain and Bassenthwaite Lake
- Off-road parking is available for most cars
- Cots, high chairs and stair gates available free of charge but please request in advance
Puddle Duck Cottage – Jemima’s Cottage
Sleeps 1-5 in two bedrooms with an open fire (logs and coals provided).
This popular, traditional self catering cottage is tucked away in the corner of the courtyard. From the back door you can watch the chickens and puddle ducks looking for something to eat. From the front door a narrow country lane leads to the stream. The back door enters from the courtyard into the kitchen and there is the following accommodation…
- Small but well equipped kitchen including dishwasher, oven and microwave which leads to
- Lounge/diner with TV/DVD player which overlooks the quiet country lane at the front of the property and contains probably the favourite feature of the cottage – the open fire in the local stone feature fireplace
- From the lounge/diner it leads to the hall and stairs
- Upstairs there are two bedrooms overlooking local gardens – one double bedroom and one with double and single beds and a large bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Points to note: storage heaters throughout inclusive in rental charge as is all electricity. The stairs are quite steep but are wide with a good handrail so please check with us if this might be a concern. See Terms and Conditions for further points to note.
Puddle Duck Cottage – Rebecca’s Cottage
A barn conversion with a wealth of exposed original wooden beams, red brickwork and mountain views from both the lounge and bedroom. Located at one side of the farmyard this is an upside-down property with the bedroom downstairs and the rest of the property upstairs.
- Enter into cottage in the hallway which leads to the separate bedroom with double and single beds with a window overlooking part of the farmyard and stables and looking up to Skiddaw Mountain in the distance
- Upstairs to the right there is an open plan lounge with TV and DVD player and dining area with another window looking up to Skiddaw Mountain in the distance over the rooftops
- To the left is the kitchen which leads to the separate bathroom
- Relax and unwind with a soak in the bath under the lovely chunky wooden beams with the window sill perfectly placed (so guests tell us) for a glass of your favourite drink! There’s also a shower over the bath.
- Points to note: storage heaters throughout included in the rental charge as is all electricity. One side of the double bed is against the wall – see photo. See Terms and Conditions for further points to note.