Tariff & Availability
Enjoy the benefits of booking directly with our independent, family-owned business – great value and flexibility compared to cottage agencies
In addition to full week bookings, we often let midweek and weekend breaks except during school holidays, June, July and September. However, we like to be as flexible as we can be regarding length of stay especially outside school holidays (when we tend to let full weeks) and short breaks might be available at other times especially at short notice and at reasonable prices – please ring or email to check availability.
Prices and availability for Jemima’s cottage
(sleeps up to 5) – 2018/19
- Weekly: £395 – £595
- Weekends: £200 – £280
- Mid Week: £250 – £350
- Daily (Off peak and mid week breaks): £50 – £70
Prices and availability for Rebecca’s cottage
(sleeps up to 3) – 2018/19
- Weekly: £320 – £450
- Weekends: £180 – £200
- Mid Week: £225 – £295
- Daily (Off peak and mid week breaks): £45 – £70
Price depends on time of year and numbers, includes most of the heating (coal and logs for the open fire) and bed linen. Towels provided for weekly bookings but please being own for short breaks though these can be hired.
Please use the calendar below to check initial availability. Bookings can then be either made on-line or by calling us on 017687 76828 or use the Contact Page to confirm that these dates have not since been booked.
Booking Details & things to note
Please use the contact form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 017687 76828 to check availability, prices or to book.
Methods of payment
- A cheque is our preferred method – payable to Mr Philip Trafford
- Internet Bank Transfer
Arrival/Check In –
Usual check in time for Saturday is between 4:00pm and 6:00pm. If you have arranged a break that starts on a day other than Saturday then the cottage may well be ready before 4:00 – please call us in advance and check if this is important to you. Early arrivals can always leave their cars and go for a wander or take their cars and go and explore the local area.
Departure/Check Out –
Check out time is by 10.00am on your day of departure.
Points to Note
- Most heating is by storage heaters, the cost of which is included in the rental charge as well as coals and logs (within reason) for the open fire in Jemima’s Cottage.
- Cost of electricity is included in the rental charge.
- Bed linen and tea towels are included in the rental charge. Towels are provided for weekly bookings but please being own for short breaks or can be hired.
- Laundry facilities with washing machines and tumble dryers are available at a small additional charge.
- Cots, high chairs and stair gates are available free of charge but must be requested in advance of arrival.
- We are 15 minutes’ drive from Keswick and Cockermouth, so it is a good idea to shop before you reach us especially if arriving late at night, or order an Asda, Tesco, or Sainsbury on line shop.
- Some dogs are accepted with prior arrangement but this must be agreed before booking. Preferably only one dog.
- All dog hairs should be removed before the cottage is vacated.
- Dogs are not allowed in bedrooms or on furniture and must not be left unattended in the cottage.
- Any damage caused by dogs will be treated in the same manner as general damages and breakages.
- We advise bringing old cloths or blankets to clean the dog before entering the cottage.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Once you have made a booking (in person, by telephone, email or other means), an agreement, which incorporates our terms and conditions, is formed between us, which is a legal contract. Please read all of the terms and conditions. If you have to cancel and we cannot re-let, you are still liable to pay for the booking in full even if you cancel before paying the balance. We strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance for your holiday.